Header Ads

A Dream Vacation in Your Stockholm Travel

One of my greatest dreams is to travel to a place where I get to make my dream vacation into a reality. I believe the place is Stockholm - the largest and the capital city of Sweden. To make my Stockholm dream vacation worthwhile,
I have included in my "to do" list the best attractions that Stockholm has to offer.

Stockholm is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Its geographical location has contributed much in making Stockholm truly an attraction. It was built on 14 islands which are linked by 57 bridges. I cannot help imagining myself witnessing these exceptional architecture and world-class museums. Apart from fresh air and clean water that surrounds the large city of Stockholm, the green scenery that embodies most of its area has made Stockholm the first ever European Green Capital of 2010. Apart from that, there are other surprises that this dream vacation to Stockholm has prepared for me.

One of the attractions I should not miss when I get there is the Gamla Stan, also known as the Old Town, is not only the largest yet but also the oldest city and best preserved part of Stockholm. It is located in Stadsholmen where Stockholm was initially founded as it was built as a structure for defence in the 12th century. The narrow winding streets made from cobblestones created a distinctive character for the Old Town. Bars, restaurants, and shopping centres abound. Display windows showcase creatively made Swedish handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs.

In addition, getting blessed in Storkyrkan, Stockholm's national cathedral is one of my plans in this vacation. One that surely catches the attention of those who visit the Old Town is the Royal Palace, one of the world's largest palaces consisting of more than 600 rooms. Aside from its size, what makes it even more interesting is the Royal Armoury where one can witness the display of royal suits and clothes worn by Kings and Queens in ancient times.
How I would love to experience sightseeing by boat! Cruise ships are available for those who want to have a trip around the archipelago of Stockholm. It crosses the water and stops in every major attraction. Is it not marvelous to have an overall view of the 14 islands of Stockholm while on cruise? The major destinations of the boat are mainly the world-class museums built around cities of Stockholm.
One museum included in my to - do list is to visit the Vasa Museum in Djurgarden. It proudly features the 230-feet warship which sank during its maiden voyage in 1628, but it was meticulously restored into its original form later in 1961.

I am a great fan of known international artists like Dali, Picasso, Derkert and Matisse. I will delightfully enjoy the Moderna Museet, an art gallery which features a collection of the finest masterpieces of international and Swedish artists.
I also would love to visit Skansen. This open-air museum features miniature display of the 14 islands of Stockholm and its strategic location. And with all that being said, I am always packed and ready to go again and excited to make my dream into reality!
Estanislao Chapel is the author of Finding the best hotels in Stockholm [http://www.stockholmbesthotels.com] and maintains a website about Best Hotels Stockholm Sweden [http://www.stockholmbesthotels.com/accommodation-and-lodging/best-hotels-in-stockholm/].




Aucun commentaire:

seef. Fourni par Blogger.