Header Ads

New Orleans French Film Festival

French Film Festival
For eighteen years, the New Orleans Film Society has worked tirelessly to grace the public with French films. Film festivals, no matter the genre,
are important tools to help bridge the gap between lesser known movies and the general public. Even when they are not screening lesser known films, film festivals allow everyone to perhaps consider and even watch movies they would not normally consider attending. This film festival is no different and I highly recommend it for both locals and those who are visiting this vibrant city during the actual French Film Festival!
My husband and I drove Uptown to the fabulous Prytania Theater. This independent neighborhood theater has been existence since 1914! We took our seats and listened to the wonderful live music that was being provided before the screening of a documentary about champagne. The husband is a popcorn fanatic and it's a great thing that the Prtyania Theater offers free refills on large popcorn! Please keep in mind that the theater is smaller but this in no way makes it uncomfortable. In fact, I would dare to say that it adds to its charm.
The documentary itself, A Year in Champagne, was interesting and fun. There were many quotes that were memorable, mostly because of their witty nature. Although I can only attest and report my own experience, the documentary was rather enlightening. It made me somehow appreciate both the actual product of champagne, but also those that tirelessly produce it. I probably will not be going out to learn the ins and outs of how to produce this bubbly celebration in a bottle myself; however, I do have more of an idea of the overall process and the things that these producers have to worry and deal with year after year to make something we drink to celebrate many of life's milestones.
After the film, the Pearl Wine Company served champagne from one of the families featured in the film. The power of film is so incredibly strong, we couldn't help but stop at the Pearl on the way home and buy more champagne to celebrate that the New Orleans Film Society ad put on such a phenomenal time!
We had such a great time, that I will be attending another screening later this week with my father; the man that taught me the importance of film and whose love of French films in particular has always made me more open to experiencing foreign films.
Sabrina Toth is a certified travel associate and owner of Toth International. Toth International is a travel management company that caters to the entertainment industry. For more information about New Orleans, contact us at Sabrina@tothinternational.com.



Aucun commentaire:

seef. Fourni par Blogger.